Special enriched food recipe for Discus
Ingredients required :
– 500g beef heart meat, well cleaned of all fat and grounded or extra lean ground beef. If you don’t want to use meat, you can replace it with fish (pollock, sole or salmon).
– 75g of pollock, sole or salmon.
– 75g of cooked shrimp.
– 150g of frozen peas and carrots.
– A banana (100g).
– Bags of supplements provided.
– Thaw all your food in the refrigerator so that it maintains a temperature of less than 6° Celsius, remove excess water by squeezing it with your hand.
– Cut the fish and the banana into small pieces.
– In a bowl, put 75 ml of cold water with bag #1, mix by hand with a fork then add 75 ml of boiling water and mix well.
– Put the solution in your blender (or food processor), device with sharp blades.
– Add the vegetables and mix to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
– Add the fish, shrimp and banana, mix.
– Add bag #2, mix.
– Pour your mixture into a large bowl with the grouded meat and mix with a hand mixer, device with 2 beaters like the one used to make cakes.
– Add bag #3 and mix well for 2-3 minutes until it gets a little harder.
If your blender is powerful enough, you can try putting your food mixture with the meat in it, but try with a small amount and don’t insist too much, otherwise your device will break if it gets hot.
– Make bags not too thick, about 5 mm (¼ inches) with freezer bags for better preservation.
– Put in the freezer.
Congratulations you are done☺